Want to Crack CUCET? Know Preparation Tips and Important Books By cracking CUCET, a candidate can be eligible for admission in 41 UG& integrated courses, 110 PG courses, and 78 MPhil/ PhD courses across universities pan India.CUCET is conducted for admission in ten central universities and Dr. B R Ambedkar School of Economics.
Preparation is the key to ace any exam. It is advised to go through the following preparation tips to score well in CUCET 2018.
Preparation Tips for CUCET:
- Understanding the syllabus: 75% of the exam tests the examinees on the basis of their understanding of the domain knowledge in part B of the paper. In order to prepare for the same, students must go through the syllabus of the exam thoroughly.
- Part A weighs 25 marks and comprises question from English, General Knowledge, Mathematical Aptitude and Analytical Skills.Candidates are advised to prepare from good reference books for this section.
- Prepare via Mock Tests: Regular studies are important to score well in any exam. The paper consists of negative marking; hence candidates need to be very particular while answering the paper. Daily practice from mock papers is the best way to get a hold on the pattern of the exam.
- Time Management: Candidates have to complete 100 questions with accuracy within duration of 2 hours. Time management is also an important key to score well. Regular practice of MCQ is suggested in order to time one’s self before appearing the final exam.
- Revision:One must never skip revision after finishing a particular topic. Revising a particular topic again and again can further increase your efficiency in the same and build your basics.
- Work on Basic Concepts: Thorough knowledge of basic concepts can go a long way in the exam. Stay clear and focused. Try solving as many concept-based questions as possible.Being clear on a particular concept can help a candidate understand the question properly before attempting to solve it.
- Improve Your Skills:Your skills can be improved by going through previous year questions papers, practice papers, mock test, online test etc.
Subject wise Preparation Books for CUCET:
Below is a list of preparation books for candidates to prepare from:
- General Awareness-
CUCET Guide & Practice Workbook
Concept of Competition Physics for CBSE PMT by Aggarwals, HC Verma for Physics, NCERT Physics, Physics CBSE PMT set of 3 Volumes by Anil Aggarwal
ABC Chemistry, Arihant Organic Chemistry, Dinesh Chemistry, Morrision Boyd for Organic Chemistry, NCERT Chemistry, Peter Atkins and Julio de Paula for Physical Chemistry
Bernard & Child – Higher Algebra, Calculus J Edward, DoroFeevPatapov – Elementary Maths, DrGorakh Prasad – Coordinate Geometry, Fundamental Methods of Mathematical Economics by Chiang AC and K Wainwright, etc.
Dinesh Biology, MTG (Biology Today) CBSE PMT (Subscription), NCERT Biology Part 1 and Part 2, Pradeep’s Biology, Trueman’s Biology
AC Dutta for Botany (Oxford Publication)
Economics by Lipsey R and A Chrytal, Indian Economy Environment and Policy by IC Dhingra, Indian Economy: Performance & Policies by Uma, Kapila, International Economics by Dominick Salvatore, etc.
- Social Science-Methodology and Perspectives of Social Science by Abhijit Kundu, Social Science and its Methods in Social Science: An Introduction to the Study of Society by Hunt, Elgin
Things to Know About CUCET Paper Pattern
- There are a total of 100 multiple choice questions in the examination holding one mark each. The paper is further divided into two parts: Part A and Part B.
- Part A consists of 25 questions of one mark each from English, General Awareness, Mathematical Aptitude and Analytical Skills. Part B comprises of 75 questions of one mark each on domain understanding. Candidates must attempt both the parts. Duration of the examination is two hours.
- There is a negative marking of 0.25 marks for each incorrect attempt. Therefore, candidates need a thorough preparation to score well in the exam.